Packaging Production Team - Machine Operator
|Position:||Packaging Production Team - Machine Operator|
- Checks production jacket and copy with envelopes being folded to confirm they are the same,places an approved sample on the machine.
- Checks the work of the previous shift for quality and correct packing.
- Checks boxes and cartons on the skid. Informs Lead Operator or Supervisor immediately if count does not comply with count on folding record.
- Orders stock boxes, cartons and supplies.
- Labels and marks cartons according to instructions on the production jacket.
- Stamps every carton with date stamp including date, shift and operator number.
- Completes Machine Work Record and other required record keeping on a timely basis.
- May jog, fan and feed die cut blanks into a machine.
- Checks for missing or bad printing on printed stock.
- Checks machine counter at the beginning of the shift and again in the middle of the shift.
- Cleans machine area, removes paper waste and mops floor around machine.
- May provide training and monitor performance of Machine Operator Trainees.
- Prepares the machine for start up and supports the Envelope Folding Machine Adjuster by clearing simple jams, pulling blanks and monitoring portions of the machine while the Adjuster is troubleshooting and attempting to start the machine. Assists the Adjuster with machine changes by blowing down machines, wiping and assisting with press wash ups.
- Obtain information from previous shift Operator/Inspection and briefs oncoming
Operator/Inspector about equipment status, order status and special operating conditions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School education or equivalent
- Basic math skills including the ability to use/read a ruler
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and procedure manuals
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel product. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with
hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The employee must have good dexterity for all repetitive hand and wrist movements.
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Steady work