|Education Level:||High School or equivalent|
St Louis Print Group in St Louis MO has job openings for Machine Operators. Candidate would be responsible for operating a variety of envelope folding machines. You will be responsible for setting up and operating the equipment to meet the specifications of the customer's order.
We have openings for all shifts. All shifts are 8 hours with two 15 minute paid breaks. We are closed on all major holidays.
Shifts: First Mon-Fri 7AM-3PM, Second Shift Mon-Fri 3PM-11PM, and Third Shift Sun-Thur11PM-7AM.
- Checks production jacket and copy with envelopes being folded confirm they are the same, places approved sample on operator table
- Pack folded envelopes in boxes and/ or cartons and correctly labels
- Inspect envelopes to match proofs, samples and specifications
- Obtain information from previous shift operator/inspection and briefs oncoming operator/inspector about equipment status, order status, and special operating conditions
- Accurately records daily production record and time sheets
- Cleans machine , work area, removes waste paper from floor area around machine
- Keep Supervisor informed of any concerns or issues that would compromise quality, schedules or safety
- Perform work to meet production standards, schedules and deadlines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Minimum six months to one year of experience in a related environment preferred.
- High Mechanical aptitude is preferred
- Must be able to read a ruler (ruler test)
- Basic math skills required
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer or ability to learn
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and challenging environment
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Strong multi-tasking, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to distinguish colors
- Must be able to stand for an entire shift
- Ability to lift and/or up to 30-40 pounds on a consistent basis
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations, medical, life, and dental insurance, and more.
EOE Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace