Set up and adjusts various types of converting equipment for safe and efficient operation in the production process.
This includes the start-up, operation, adjustment to proper parameters involving close tolerances, maintenance, troubleshooting, and cleaning of the equipment.
- Reviews job tickets to determine tools, parts and materials necessary for machine changes and/or adjustments
- Performs machine adjustments both standard and specials to meet job specifications.
- Troubleshoots problems, repairs/replaces damaged worn components of machine.
- Performs changes, adjustments and repairs on production machines.
- Adjuster/operator training.
- Examines product for defects, ensures quality process is followed.
- Analyzes mechanical issues on assigned equipment and takes corrective action accordingly.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and ensures consistent quality production.
- Minimizes waste by ensuring all waste is segregated properly, weighed, recorded and placed in the proper waste container.
- Change window rolls (overhead)
- Flexibility with machine assignment.
- Provides coverage for machine operator if needed.
- Notifies Supervisor of recurring equipment problems and corrective action taken.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Compliance with company policy including safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains clean machine and work area (sweeps, removes waste, etc).
- High School education or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years demonstrated mechanical/troubleshooting experience required
- Printing experience.
- Basic math skills including the ability to use/read a ruler
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and procedure manuals
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel product. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The employee must have good dexterity for all repetitive hand and wrist movements.
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Steady work